We are not cheaters, liars or commitment-phobes. We prefer cookies but for seven days starting May 19, 2005, we will go without. We are here to complain, whine, encourage, tease, laugh and learn.

April 15, 2005

Exercise and The Plunge

It is Day 7 of The Plunge. I did an okay job of varying my exercise.

Day 1 - I went to the gym and worked on the universal machines ... well, piddled on them really ... and rode the stationary bike for 10 miles.

Day 2 - I spent the day moping and whining and moved from bed to couch to chair to couch. I'm pretty sure it was the moping that kept my heart rate up. I added the moping for the variety as whining is a standard regime for me.

Day 3 - One hour step class. After the class, there is a 30 minute weight class which I did not attend. I did, however, help a woman put away her mat I picked it up and walked it across the gym and placed it on the pile of other mats. It turns out she was staying for the weight class and was too polite to tell me she didn't need my assistance and had to retrieve her mat from the pile. So much for good deeds, eh?

Day 4 - I went to the gym and worked on the universal machines, did the elliptical and the treadmill. I finished my book.

Day 5 - I took a 3 mile walk in the neighborhood. This cost me $269 as it was apparent that we needed a new lawnmower. The Plunge is expensive.

Day 6 - No intentional exercise today, however, I was still quite active as I walked around OMSI, walked around the grocery store, walked to and from the Rose Garden from the Max station, and then felt guilty for not exercising, so I walked 3 times around the Rose Garden at half time.

Day 7 - I went to the gym and worked on the universal machines (anyone want to arm wrestle?), did leg squats (not an easy task for these old joints) and did the elliptical and the recumbent bike.

Janis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home